The cemetery was opened in 1879 by the Burial Board for the new town which had grown up in Bexley on the ancient route of Watling Street, the London to Dover Road. It is a small cemetery, just 5½ acres, behind Christchurch on the High Street. It is neat and well kept but with very few really interesting memorials.
|Cromwell Fleetwood Varley, Victorian business man and the cemeteries most notable inhabitant|
|The Littlehales memorial for the wife of a local doctor|
|James Bullen who died at the age of 12 in 1965|